Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter 09

My Easter was splended... how was yours?
I had 4 days off (YESSSS) and I spent them relaxing, dying easter eggs, exercising outside when I could, cleaning and of course EATING!

Friday: Went to breakfast with my friend Jen. We went to Cafe Marron in Brownes Addition. YUM, definitely going there again! The funnest part about it is that it is a reformed garage. It has one of those HUGE overstuffed wall benches that go the length of the wall you know. Then there are really fun pillows all around it. The tables are cute old diner style tables and the chairs are diner style as well with rollers. There are two garage doors that open up and then there are curtains to put down if you want. We sat in the door openings so you are facing the street and it was a GORGEOUS day - I think about 60 degrees and sunny. I could just splay my legs out under the table and get sun on my feet while people walked by with their little families and dogs - SOOO CUTE!

After that I headed out to my Spokane family's house (my best friend Sara's mom and dad's house) and Mardell and I went to Cheney to go shopping. When we got back Suzi came over and we Tie-Dyed eggs. Yes, that's right... we TIE DYED them with actual Silk Ties. Here are the pics. They turned out alright. We definitely tried different tying techniques and I think we have it down for next year-we all agreed, we are definitely trying it again.


On Saturday I did the run around - Sofie and I went for long walks, I went grocery shopping and started on my laundry - I had about 10 loads to do, YIKES! I also took her to the vaccs clinic at Aslin Finch to get her vaccinations since they were due.

Sunday was the busy day again, I woke up and vegged for awhile trying to do more laundry then got ready and Sofie and I headed to Jen's parents house for an Easter meal. We ate around 2pm - we had bbq pork tenderloin, baked mashed spinach potatoes, tortellini salad, green salad, home baked bread (I guess her grandpa is the bread baker - YUM), there were chips with salsa and veggie plates. Then for dessert we had a chocolate fondue that we dipped strawberries and cream puffs in (Jen's mom works for a chocolate place here in town).

I stuck around to watch a bit of golf with the family (they are golf fanatics) then around 4pm Sofie and I headed to Mardell's again to visit my Spokane family. We watched Harry Potter and gossiped then once everyone showed up around 6pm we ate (yes I ate again - I definitely planned my portions out so I wouldn't get sick). There we had dinner and it was delicious as well!!! A roast, au gratin potatoes, asparagus, bunny bread (wish I had a pic to show) and salad. Afterwards I went home and slept!

Monday was a relaxing mix of getting stuff done around the house! YESSSSSS!

No comments:

Post a Comment