Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Spoons, Flower, Farms, Colors and Jobs HUH???

I have determined that this whole blogging world is fun! I am learning so much, seeing so many pictures, and keeping up to date on my friend's and family's lives with only the click of my mouse!!!

So today I did a bit of extra clicking and found a blog called Apifera Farm, it's located at http://www.apiferafarm.blogspot.com/. Wow, it's super cute and through them I found a really great company called Spoonflower http://www.spoonflower.com/welcome. At Spoonflower you can design your own custom fabric!!! There is no minimum order. How fun is that? You can be your own fashion designer. Apifera Farm utilized them to make super cute flags to sell but you can also design prints and such other things to make other items! I am definitely thinking the flags are a super fun thing to do as a project with friends (or kids... anyone need a baby sitter, I can entertain AND honk, like an everyday clown with out the scary makeup, clothes, or props!!!). I was also thinking of those super artsy friends of mine (you know who you are) when I saw this and HAD to pass it on because I can totally see you designing tons of stuff and utilizing it to make amazing things (Lynn, revamping some of those linoleum blocks and creating a print out of some of it; your wedding certificate, the invites, other invites you have made in the past...).

In case you didn't know, I paint (see attached pic below) and thought about how fun it would be to paint something, send it to them and create a flag as the Apifera Farm people do, and give it as presents or make a blanket/creation, of my very own art!! Who needs frames, they just take up space! I can just have a blanket!!! OOOOH A SOFIE BLANKET!!!

Another website I found awhile ago that I really enjoy is Working Girl: http://work-girl.blogspot.com/. They post fun items about being in the working world in New York. Anyways, recently WG2 posted an item about finding the right career. There is a thing out there at CareerPath.com that is called a "Color Career Counselor." You go through and pick colors and it'll tell you what jobs you are most fitted for based off of these colors. I thought this seemed shady so I went on there to check it out and it was pretty right on!! I was actually amazed at it's accuracy about me as a working professional and my personality. I thought I was just picking my favorite colors but WOW! Turns out I am in a close to accurate career currently but would strive in something a bit more dataish with more specific guidelines and expectations (less grey areas which I really hate), I AGREE with this 100%. One great thing about my job currently is that my role, and its guidelines and expectations here have become less grey and my boss is really striving to help me through the grey areas and to give me what I need to survive AND grow here! YAY, now I am less worried about if this job is the right fit for me, and all due to a few color choices.

1 comment: