Lately I have been busy with a bit of cabin fever... I am over the cold (anything below 40), overcast, snowy weather (yes we are still getting snow, YUCK)! I want it to warm up! I want it to be over 50 degrees for more than a day! I want to be able to take my dog out for long walks at least 3 times a day instead of the 1 big walk and a bunch of "outings." I want to be outside more than an hour or two a day!
Although I love the seasons and really like where I live right now I am wishing I was back in California where I lived for the first 25 years of my life! Granted we get A LOT of rain (which I hate), it's a bit warmer there and TONS of places to take your dog for a walk OFF LEASH.
That is another issue I am having, yes there are many places to take your dog on a walk but very few where you can walk them off leash and that you can just walk to. I am fine with driving short distances daily and I usually make a big outing of the weekends (if I have one off) and go somewhere far where we can spend a large amount of time walking but currently due to the weather and lack of time I am going to the same 4-5 places. One place that I had at home that I am really longing for here is the beach. No matter the weather you could just head over there and walk the beach. You could spend hours walking the length of the beach which is just 5-10 minutes from my house. Yesterday I would have given anything to grab Sofie and head to the beach where her and I could go for hours!
Yesterday I looked up a beach in this area... HA! I found quite a few "beaches" in Idaho. Let me explain what is considered a beach in idaho; a stretch of land, covered by sand or rocks by a large body of water. What they don't say is that it is only about 20 feet wide, has "private" docks running through it and houses RIGHT along it. Idaho SUCKS at zoning and allows people to buy property and build right on top of each other. Although the beach and body of water is public you cannot get to it due to the houses along the edge being in the way, the roads down to the water being private drives, or if you do get down to the "beach" it is so cluttered with docks and walkways from these peoples houses to the water that you can only walk a few feet on beach before you have to find some way around another dock. It's RIDICULOUS!
So now all I am doing is wishing for a beach (a REAL beach) that will just appear tomorrow on my search for a new place to go, a new place to be me!
No comments:
Post a Comment