What has been happening in the last few weeks that I have failed to acknowledge:
1. My best friend (and former roomie) Andrea went to the World Highland Games in Arizona and although I am unsure how she did overall she broke a U.S. record in the Heavy Hammer for distance - 98'10" and I guess it was just 3 inches shy of a new world record!
~WAY TO GO ANDREA! I see new WORLD records next year!!!
2. My best and oldest friend (27 years, can you believe it) Jessica had her first baby on February 20th! A beautiful girl named Maelyn (I think that is how it is spelled). She was born super healthy 8 lbs something ounces. I cried when I found out and wished I could have been there with her!
~CONGRATS JESS! Welcome Maelyn to this crazy world and I look forward to seeing you VERY SOON!
3. Sofie's second cousin Shy passed on recently. Very sad, Sofie and Shy got along very well each time they were together and Sof always was so excited to go and visit as was Auntie Katy (my Dad's dog). I know that Shy is running around happily along the banks of doggie heaven like she did when my Aunt Sue went fishing! (Sue I'm thinking of ya)
4. I have recently dyed and cut my hair. It was temporaily dyed a warm reddish brown and cut about 2 1/2 inches - it was getting SUPER long. I LOVE IT and am planning on dying it permanently the same color next month.

4. I have recently dyed and cut my hair. It was temporaily dyed a warm reddish brown and cut about 2 1/2 inches - it was getting SUPER long. I LOVE IT and am planning on dying it permanently the same color next month.

(These are my friends Kristi in both pics and Kacie in the one on the left)
These are post dye, pre cut pics. The color was very vibrant at this time (this was 2 days after I died it) and if I make it permanent it would be a more muted version of this color.
5. My dad is here right now (YAY)! He came up for the last Zags game and to see me before his next big adventures. When he arrived (on Sunday) I cooked homemade chili, whole wheat cornbread, and whole wheat pumpkin chocolate chip cookies - AMAZING! I do not bake cookies unless they are from a tube or package (not a box - too complicated) but this time I decided to try it all from scratch and BOY OH BOY was I impressed with my skillz!
- The chili was good but not my best - I think it has to sit and meld a bit before served and we (well, I) was too hungry (and it was too close to my bed time - 9pm) for me to wait any longer.
- The corn bread took longer this time than last but was alright - I am still trying to perfect that recipe (due to the whole wheat and the dish I like to cook it in).
- The cookies were phenomenal and I am DEFINITELY making them again! I used the baking stone my best friend Sara (yes, I have 3 best friends) gave me for Christmas to cook them on - if you have never used one TRY THEM, they are GREAT and I also made the cookies with all 100% whole wheat flour instead of halving it or using white flour like all the other recipes have called for and I would NEVER use white because this was TOO GOOD TO CHANGE!
It is great to hear you are doing well. I love the hair, I want to see more pictures of it!!! And those cookies sound amazing. Love you and miss you!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYour hair looks great - love the color! Go permanent! Glad you're having a good visit with your dad - yummy food, too!
ReplyDelete