Lately I have been SUPER busy at work and super tired at home which has led to little... well, no posting lately and VERY LITTLE ideas about what to post. The weather hasn't changed - it's still balmy with leftover snice (snice = packed snow-ice, my new word for this junk) on the ground. Sofie is doing well and I haven't been doing too many crazy things, I know B-O-R-I-N-G!
The reason for the post now... CARY'S TEA TOFFEE!!!
Normally I don't like chocolate; I don't buy it, I don't eat it, I don't want it. My mom was a definite chocoholic - thank goodness I didn't get those genes... well, except for 1 week out of the month when all I do is crave chocolate. Luckily I had a stash (that I happened to forget about) left over from Christmas. I thought all it contained was these yummy Frango Candy Cane Chocolate pieces that my coworker got me from Macy*s (if you haven't seen them, check them out, pretty fabulous!).
Anyways, as I stuck my hand in my Turtle stash jar (my Turtle cookie jar from when I was little) I found a little box. I was unsure what it was because as I said, all I thought was in there was the FCC chocolates. I pulled out the box and found a box of Cary's Mango Tea Toffee my cousin gave me for Christmas.
I was quite unsure of them when I received them because I was wary of the marriage of black tea, dark chocolate and mango (it sounded too strong/bitter). I opened the box and found 6 amazingly pretty little treasures. I should have taken a picture first before consuming but my craving was so horrible I was like a bulimic who hadn't binged and purged in days! I popped the first piece into my mouth immediately and was in HEAVEN!!! I ate quickly and popped the next one in taking more time to actually taste the delectible delight! The following 4 went much slower but they definitely went! What a fabulous suprise they were and I am now wishing I saved the last 3 for next month (oh well, I am not too hurt about it). I flipped over the box they came in to see where I could find these amazing treats and realized that they were made in my cousins home town of Grants Pass, Oregon! It made so much sense when I read this because over the holiday season she happened to work at a local shop where everything they sold was made locally (I happen to have forgotten the name but if you are from GP please post it in a comment for those who are interested).
Anyways, the candy makers have a website where I found the picture below. You can find these chocolates plus more if you are interested (the picture is linked to the mango candies and the previous links to their entire website)... I have already ordered a catalog and am planning on stopping by a store which carries these little treats next time I head through GP. If you'd like I can even pick up an order for you...

Just let me know what you'd like!
These look great and I love the new blog back ground :) Hope you are doing well, love you and miss you!
ReplyDelete