Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Technology Update

I thought I would update everyone on how I have been doing since my technological break down earlier this year (2009 is officially the year of technology for me).

As you probably saw on my birthday blog I lost my phone. Well it was never recovered and so now I spent tons of time suffering through my new phone. I think I've gotten it pretty down so far (it was either get used to it or pay a $35 restocking fee and the price of a new phone to get a new one... luckily my friend Aine has the same phone as I used, cannot use it because she is now At&t, and we are discussing her giving it to me so I can have it as a backup incase this happens again!). I do hate the key pad on it but I think tha tis my only gripe about it. Otherwise it looks pretty fancy, it sounds good, is lightweight and thin (unlike my previous tank that I loved oh so much), it'll do. Here's a pic of what I got (it's a Samsung Gleam):

I received my new/replacement Ipod on my birthday and although I couldn't get it up and running at home I brought it to school the next day and synced it to my work computer. I ended up bringing my defunct (Sofie's week 2 chew toy) nano to work, transferred all the purchases that I was able to put on it the day after Christmas (the day my computer broke down) to my work computer, made a few playlists that I could live with and got my n/r Touch registerd, synced/up and running! After spending the majority of the next day or so trying to remember how exactly I synced it to my work e-mail I got that up and running and downloaded a few of the free apps I had on my last ipod so I could use it somewhat until we figured out my computer situation.



Friday I went and did a bunch of shopping at Costco; $225 later I had some food, yummy chicken noodle soup (if you haven't had their soup you MUST try it; it's the best around), a new bluetooth ear piece AND an ihome. I never thought I would need one of those but now that I have it... Oh man it's fabulous!! Previously I used my ipod (until it became a chew toy), a plain old beeper alarm AND my phone to wake me up... now all I need is my ihome, ipod, and I do use my phone but that's only because I purchased a specific ringer for the damn thing so I thought i would use it (it's a really cool ringer it sounds like wind chimes during a wind/rain storm - it reminds me of home). So technically all I need is my ihome. It sounds fabulous, my ipod and it's apps (pandora and idream; two fabulous apps if you have an iphone or touch) all work on it so I can fall asleep to the sounds of a thunderstorm, country meadow, or the ocean, and wake up to a specific playlist that I make (which I couldn't do with just my ipod alone since the touch doesn't have that feature, my only complaint about the touch, but I found a loophole - thank you ihome). There is also an external line in/out hole where I can plug in my other dock which now houses my old ipod and I can play music from that as well (my other dock didn't charge my new ipod - LAME). I could even plug in my computer and use the ihome speakers if I wanted to watch a movie in surround sound (in my room of course).

On Saturday, January 17th I went in to the computer place I ordered my part from to pick it up (4 port USB MI Card) and then to REI to pick up my super cute sweater from REI - their Cassal Hoodie Sweater -marked down from $90 to $30 (what a deal and it was originally my ONLY birthday present to myself before the whole computer, ipod, phone debacle):

(yes that is a little yarn ball on the top of the head; how cute is that)... I LOVE THIS SWEATER!
Anyways, I went home, slipped in my mi drive and plugged in my old nano just to make sure it worked before I KILLED my brand n/r ipod and......................... IT WORKED, SUCCESS!!!

So now I am liking my new phone (a big step up from before), syncing my ipod to my own computer, charging, playing and waking up to my new ipod, printing, scanning, and cooling my computer with it's 4 new usb ports... what a dream!!!

But NOW i'm broke!

No comments:

Post a Comment