Thursday, December 18, 2008

SNOW UP TO MY KNEES!

So it has snowed SOLIDLY from yesterday morning (after I got to work) and is continuing to snow even NOW, NO STOPPING!

I was sent home from work yesterday because roads and areas were closing to traffic. My usual 10 minute drive home took a total of 45 minutes yesterday. I unfortunately had to take 2 friends (and one baby) to the airport this morning at 4:45am, we arrived at 5:30! We drove my friend Anthony's Jeep which was probably a smart idea because it had 4 wheel drive. I think otherwise I would have either gotten in an accident OR called them a taxi.

The snow is up to my KNEE, 15 inches in less than 24 hours! I just found out Gonzaga is closed but I still have to go to work... LUCKILY I switched with a coworker so I didn't have to be at work at 5:45am... unfortunately I have already been past my work driving people to the airport so it would have been easy to just stop on in. But this way HOPEFULLY they will have cleared the road by then or closed the fitness center (ha yeah right, I'm not that lucky) and everything will be a bit safer.

I am still planning on leaving Saturday morning and just taking my time. My only other option would be leaving Friday afternoon around 4 or 5pm and getting as far away from here as I can.

I'll post pics when I get a chance and we'll see what happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment