Last week I posted about the crazy weather that we are having up here in the inland northwest. Well today was a FROSTY day but still no snow (although back at home in Cali the amount of frost in Spokane today would be considered Snow)!I just bought a new car a year ago (but you would think 5 years ago if you saw the inside; Thanks to my white Sofie Lou), this is my first ever NEW car. I've had "new to me" cars but never one that was year marked 6 months AFTER I bought it! So anyways, these new cars have so much stuff in them it is crazy and one feature that I am SOOOO glad for is this handy dandy feature called Traction Control! This feature automatically rights your car if for some reason the tires slip or slide; it's AMAZING in Icy conditions! When a slip or slide is starting to occur the traction control will blink and sometimes beep (extreme slippage) to let me know it's working. I've had it work before in snow (blinking and beeping at that time) but since there was snow all around (and no cars) I wasn't too worried if my car did a little skidding around. This morning that traction control saved me from doing a complete 360 off the on ramp onto the freeway! Instead of just "slipping" like my car had done in the past there was a little sideways "jerk" action being stopped by that amazing little flashing orange light I call my car's best friend. I was unaware of the amount of frost on the ground because it was the DREADED BLACK ICE! So I couldn't see it until it already had affected me. Once i got into the actual town of Spokane and onto Gonzaga's campus I realized just how frosty the day was.
THANK YOU TRACTION CONTROL!
No comments:
Post a Comment