Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Quotes...

I really like quotes...

I know that is quite broad but I like many different kinds of quotes. I don't necessarily the ones everyone else finds inspirational - like from Ghandi (although some of his are great), or profound but the others. Some may be inspirational or profound but some may be depressing, silly, etc. A simple quote can get you though a tough time, help to inspire you, motivate you, or just give you a new way to look at an old situation or thing. Some quotes have helped me through some dark times, as well as motivate me to do something new, and then some have just been there to make me laugh or smile.

I have decided I would pass on my faves to others who may be in need of something. Whether you find them inspirational or just help you through a time, issue, something (as I definitely have), I hope you will enjoy them and maybe they will help you see a bit more inside this crazy head of mine...

~ "Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi

~ "As I grow older, I regret to say that a detestable habit of thinking seems to be getting a hold of me." H. Rider Haggard

~ "Loss has been a part of my journey, but it has also shown me what is precious." Unknown

~ "If eyes were made for seeing, then Beauty is its own excuse for being." Emerson

~ "Never put an age limit on your dreams." Dara Torres

~ "Celebrate whenever you can, cause this is it folks, it's not a dress rehearsal." Anita Roddick

~ "Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." Abe Lincoln

~ "Turning 30 is like pushing a reset button on life." Holly Daley

~ “I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.” Audrey Hepburn

~
“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.” Unknown

~ "Look, I don't want to wax philosophic, but I will say that if you're alive you've got to flap your arms and legs, you've got to jump around a lot, for life is the very opposite of death, and therefore you must at very least think noisy and colorfully, or you're not alive." Mel Brooks

~ "A lot of people like snow. I find it to be an unnecessary freezing of water." Carl Reiner

~ "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

~ "To see a world in a grain of sand and a heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in t palm of your hand and eternity in an hour" William Blake

~ "Don't just sit on the porch, get out and walk in the rain." T Van Zandt

~ "You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely!" Ogder Rash

~ "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." Thoreau

~ "I get up. I walk. I fall down. Meanwhile I keep dancing." Unknown

~ "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everyone else." Unknown

So that's all for now, I hope that you like them as well as I do!

Oh and pictures of my apartment changes will come soon (Amy ;-))

1 comment:

  1. ~ "Celebrate whenever you can, cause this is it folks, it's not a dress rehearsal." Anita Roddick

    I LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing - I'm a huge fan of quotes. I have an old big shopping back from "Life is Good" torn apart and hanging on my bathroom wall and I scribble stuff, quotes, thoughts all over it whenever they come to mind :) hope all is good woman!

    ReplyDelete