Instead of rehashing what I did since my last post I will just give you the most recent things that are going on.
First, my dad will be coming by this next weekend to visit me, YAY! He is currently in Canada on an annual hunting excursion with his friends and on the way back they will be dropping him off so we can hang out for a few days.
This previous weekend I spent a night at my friend's family's cabin up in Sandpoint, ID. My friend's family has really helped me out while I have been living here, they have sort of taken me in as one of their own. I truely appreciate it! One of the "perks" I guess you could say, is I have access to their family's cabin.
I've been up there a few times before. Twice for overnight stays with my friend Sara (who's family owns the cabin) and once for the day with Sara's Aunt Suzi. This was another overnight stay. I was dying to get outta dodge and "unplug" from society and instead of heading up by myself, I invited a few friends to come along: Kristi, Jen, and Kacie. Kristi, Sofie and I headed up on Friday and Jen and Kacie were to follow later in the evening. Unfortunately Jen got held up so they didn't come up that night. Jen did arrive Saturday early afternoon.
Kristi slept in and Sofie and I headed outside immediately and ate breakfast sitting on this table above! It was PHENOM!!! Everything was quiet and calm. Most other cabin owners in the area already winterized their places so we were the only ones in the area.
I very rarely get pictures of Sofie standing still anymore so I was shocked when these two turned out so great!
Kristi got up about an hour after us, joined us on the beach and we all read and relaxed some more. Once Jen got there we headed into town and went to the farmer's market and ate at Joel's Burrito stand (if you ever make it into Sandpoint, this is a great place to eat! Have the Pork Carnitas Burrito - DELISH!).
After lunch we headed back to the cabin and relaxed on the beach and in teh water for a few hours. At about 4pm Kristi and Jen headed out and I stayed to clean up and relax some more. I didn't have anything or any reason to rush back to civilization, it was just too perfect out there! I cleaned up slowly, packed the car slowly and relaxed. I headed back out to the same spot I ate breakfast at to watch the sun set on the water and eat dinner.
After dinner we sat for a bit more, getting in as much relaxation as well could then we locked up the cabin and headed out.
It was an amazing and relaxing time. Unfortunately the cabin will be winterized soon due to the colder weather but I am soooo glad I took the extra time and made the trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment