Everyone asks how I feel about it and I am actually stoked. 24 through 28 were hard, 29 was alright (I kinda had an epiphany before my birthday following a trip to Bozeman, Montana where I visited my best friend Andrea - fun times - and I think that's when everything changed). I did think my life would be different at 30 but I think everyone does. When I was at home over Christmas time my friend said that "turning 30 is kind of like pushing a reset button," I totally agree. I know that I have lived (a bit), I have learned (a bit more) and I now know some of the things I want to do in the next few years, the next 5 years, and the next 10. I'm excited to embark on my "next life" surrounded by a fabulous group of super close, great friends and family - Thank you for being there with and for me the last 1-30 years, I don't know what I would do without you blessing my life with your smiles, laughter, love and support.
So here's the list of what I would like to accomplish:
In the next few years:
1. Go visit at least 1 NEW place outside the U.S.- I really want to go to either Ireland or Greece first
2. Go to a concert - it's been 5 years since my last concert... YIKES!
3. Continue to work on being happy with where I am in life
4. Continue to raise the MOST AMAZING DOG EVER... Miss SOFIE LOU!!!
5. NEVER black out or get super cloudy/hazy from drinking again (like I unfortunately did celebrating my birthday on Saturday)
6. NEVER lose my cell phone again - or at least if I find this one, DO NOT LOSE THE BACK UP PHONE
7. Continue to sculpt myself (sounds similar to #3 but it's different)
*okay so #5 & 6 aren't really hard for ME to accomplish (since I rarely drink or lose my phone often) but I am still suffering the stupid consequences from those actions and they are fresh in my mind (damn me)*
Within the next 5 years:
1. Decide what I am going to do about my job - stay here or move on
2. Settle down by buying a house (definitely has to come after above)
Within the next 10 years:
1. Visit at least 2 places outside the U.S. (at least one more than I had done above) - Places to visit: Ireland, Greece, Italy, Scotland, Africa, Peru and New Zealand
2. Maybe find someone to settle down with if that is where my life takes me
3. If #2 has happened, maybe decide or have started to build a family (we'll see, I am a bit freaked out about having my own kids right now - too much exposure to it around Christmas time)
So that's it. These are the things that I would like to accomplish within this next few, 5, and 10 years. Not too bad, seems pretty reasonable to me. Plus this gives you an outline for all the fun stories that will be coming up in the next 10 years!! OH GOD 10 YEARS FROM NOW I'LL BE 40! YIKES.
Okay, 1 step at a time... YAY I'M 30!
Happy Belated Birthday! I so knew it was your birthday on Tuesday and I have had one rough week... ugh! Sorry!
ReplyDeleteYour list is awesome! I hope you are able to achieve your goals! I'm looking forward to 30, too - we can put the silly, stupid crap of the 20s behind us!