So I just got back from my trip to L.A. and I am SICK!!! Really sick; the first time in 3 years!
Aside from being sick though, I had a total blast in L.A. I got to see my friend from HSU Aine and her VERY IRISH family (which includes 2 SUPER cute brothers) that invited me to Ireland with them the next time they go (I am soooo going, it should be this upcoming August)!! I also got to see one of my former employees here at Gonzaga. She has recently transferred to USC to pursue film school so we went and picked her up and went to Hollywood.
So you wanna know what all I did in L.A. think of ANYTHING and I probably did it (except for Disneyland):
1. Went to a college soccer game - HSU vs Cal State Dominguez Hills
2. Drove through the ghetto to get there (we learned later that that probably wasn't the best way to go)
3. Went to Venice Beach and Santa Monica
4. Watched WSU get CREAMED by UCLA in the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, Ca
5. Went up to the Hollywood sign (well as close as you could get)
6. Walked down the walk of fame and looked at the foot and hand prints
7. Ate Lunch at the California Pizza Kitchen (I've heard mixed reviews but I thought it was pretty good)
8. Walked past where they film LA Ink (Kat wasn't there though damn it)
9. Ate a Red Velvet Cupcake at Sprinkles (usually there's like a 1 1/2 hour line but we walked right in), it was pretty good but I've definitely had AMAZING and this wasn't it
10. Walked down Rodeo Drive
11. Went to the original Farmer's Market and the Grove
12. Found 32 oz mugs of beer at a bar and grill in El Segundo for only $5 (AMAZING)
13. Ate a really good sandwich called the Ultimate Grilled Cheese at the same bar - The Tavern on Main, El Segundo
14. Saw 1 (yes only 1) famous person - Meghan from Rock of Love, Beauty and the Geek, I Love Money, and the Upcoming Rock of Love Charm School.
15. Drove down Sunset and Melrose
16. I bought my friends baby (who is to be born in February) the absolute CUTEST beany and jacket from this super cute store called Janie and Jack in the Grove.
I left on Friday morning from the Spokane Airport, flew into Denver, then into L.A. and arrived at 5pm. Was picked up and driven straight to CSU Dominguez Hills to watch Aine's Brother's soccer game (he's a coach) and the weekend just took off from there, I barely got ANY sleep and ended up being sick because of it. I left L.A. on Monday at 5pm and arrived back in Spokane (tired and ill) at 11:15pm. My friends mom picked me up from the Airport and we drove to her house so I could sleep and get my car and dog. The next morning I was up at 4:30am to head off to work. Aren't you jealous??? Once I get over this cold though I will realize that this trip was well worth it because I got to see L.A. for the first real time and learned that it is just NOT for me!!! (Well unless I live in a outskirt town, El Segundo was kinda cool, so was Santa Monica but ALL are too expensive).
When I get all the pics, I will put them in but until then, I am just going to be SUPER sick.
Poor girl! At least you had a blast. Get better soon!
ReplyDelete